The pleasant climate of Indonesia, friendly people. rich culture, exotic places, low costs of living and safety & stability have attracted the attention of retirees from other countries.
Indonesian Retirement Visas – KITAS Lansia – Retirement Temporary Stay Permit
The Immigration Department has issued regulations that allow the granting of temporary stay permits for those over 55 years of age.
This facility to provide renewable stay permits of one year’s duration was originally announced and regulated in February 1998 by the Keputusan Presiden RI nomor 31 tahun 1998, then completed in October 1998 by the Keputusan Menteri nomor M.04-IZ.01.02 tahun 1998.
The retirement visa facility is intended to assist those wishing to spend their retirement in Indonesia. Below are the requirements:
- Applicant is 55 years of age or older,
- Possess a passport or travel documents with more than 18 months remaining validity,
- Submit full identification (copy of all passport pages) and four passport photos 4 x 6 cm,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Statement from Pension Fund Foundation or Bank from the country of origin (or Indonesia) of funds available, minimum of US$1,500 per month, to provide the applicant living expenses during the proposed stay in Indonesia (Total US$18,000 per year)
- Proof of medical/health Insurance, life insurance, and third-party personal liability insurance in country of origin or Indonesia,
- Statement of living accommodation in Indonesia. Minimum cost of US$35,000 if purchased house/apartment or, a minimum rental cost of US$500/month in Jakarta, Bandung, and Bali; US$300/month for other cities in Java Island, Batam, and Medan, and other cities a minimum US$ 200/month.) in the tourist areas according to the regulations,
- Statement to declare employment of an Indonesian maid servant whilst living in Indonesia,
- Payment of Immigration Fee based on prevailing regulations,
- Sponsor letter from the appointed agency, costs to be paid by applicant,
- Statement agreeing not to engage in business activities or work for a living.
Validity of The Retirement Visa
You may stay in Indonesia for one year on this visa, extendable for up to a maximum stay of five years.
A retirement KITAS can be extended five times without having to leave the country. Each extension is valid for one year.
After extending the limited stay permit for five times (5 years), foreign retirees can apply for a permanent stay permit visa (KITAP).
A retirement KITAS holder will receive complete permits in a well organized folder comprising the following documents:
- A retirement visa telex approval
- A retirement KITAS card & Blue Book/Foreigner registration
- SKPPS & SKTT (A certificate of registration of temporary residency)
- STM/Resort police report
- SKLD/Police card
Please note that only retirees from the following countries of origin can apply for an Indonesian retirement visa: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New-Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, USA.
FOI can assist you in obtaining an Indonesian retirement visa . If you are interested, please complete the form below.